Upton Park, East London
West Ham Utd. 1 Oxford Utd. 0
Our first win, but only just, and considering it was playing in the lesser of the two domestic knockout competitions and against a team that last year was playing in the Conference League, that is, four complete divisions below up. Scott Parker was our goal scorer, and he continues to be Captain Marvel, our Player of the Year last year and likely this, but it took him and the team seconds before the end to relieve our potential embarrassment. I am still in Colombia, in the town of Riohacha, on the edge of the Guajira Desert, which Gabriel García Márquez writes of in his novella The Incredible and Sad Tale of Innocent Eréndira and her Heartless Grandmother (La Increíble y Triste Historia de la Cándida Eréndira y de su Abuela Desalmada) and where live the Wayuu indians. In a few minutes, I am going to take a Tiara Air plane from Riohacha to Oranjestad, Aruba, which is terribly exciting (Tiara Air, not Aruba), as it is this minute airline’s only international flight and until a week ago I had never heard of them. I wish West Ham could adapt so quickly.
- Terry B.
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment